Episode 10 'Puppet Making'

The planning for this project is well under way. We have met up frequently as a group and seem to already be knee deep in work. I have been assigned the task of designing the puppet armature for the main character. This is the man who discovers the money tree (see May Jay's Production Blog for details).


Layout of armature joints. These are matched up to the dimenions of the character

I have been given another assignment on top of the two animation projects I already have to complete. I feel like an insane freelance junkie; but a very privilaged one as the third project is a 57 second sequence for Barry Purves, one of UK's most prestigious stop motion animators.

I need to just get through the puppet making aspect (including sets and props) and start animating! As a stocking filler for christmas I was lucky enough to recieve a Stig 12 inch poseable figure. Upon closer inspection it was not the case. It was simply a novelty bubble bath bottle...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 105 'Back to the Future'

Episode 108 'A coleção de Lisboa'

Episode 107 'Exhibition of the Mind'