Episode 108 'A coleção de Lisboa'

The exhibition 'evening event' has now come and gone, leaving me in a state of utter exhaustion both physically and mentally. But what a success! I was very happy with the turn out of wonderful folk who braved the bad weather to attend, and I even sold some postcards packs! The art work will remain upon the walls of the Little Yoga Space for the foreseeable future, so hopefully they will generate some more interest amongst the yoga classes and workshops. 

There is an upcoming art market at the Selina Secret Garden hostel in Lisbon and the CCC (Curious Creative Club) have decided to take part. I am hoping to stay involved with these events, not just to sell my work as a side hustle (I've always enjoyed that expression hehe) but to meet more artists and possibly collaborate on bigger projects. The CCC have become a very important part of my creative experience/process at the moment. They have been so supportive of my work, especially on the lead up to the exhibition and have been that surge of energy I've needed (and lacked ever so much this year). 






My first batch of business cards unfortunately had a spelling error on my email address. The email address that I have been using, typing out and physically seen on a daily basis for the past 20 years. Absolutely incredulous on my behalf. But all has been corrected, and at a very reasonable price. I intend to print some more of my artwork in postcard format and sell them at the upcoming market as seen on the image above. I also may consider getting some stickers printed!


Paint it and they will come!



I even made some hummus for
the occasion


The most awkward speech I have
had to give to a group.


Here are the actual paintings that are currently on display. Originally the collection had a total of 11 but the studio only had space for 9, which boded well as I was not happy with two of them. That's a classic perfectionist for you.










Admittedly I need to take better photographs or edit the contrast settings of these digital images. I have always found it difficult to translate my hand drawn illustrations to the digital age. Contrary to popular belief, I am very much a dinosaur when it comes to technology. I am set in my concrete ways; which means that I continue to use MP3 and Minidisc players and retired from using my digital drawing pad before giving it the slightest chance. I illustrate how I have always illustrated. And this is enough. But I do have urges and aspirations to study and learn new software. I am fascinated with what is on offer to enhance and progress the art world (though, forever alert for any scumbag AI creation, of course).

So what's next Tommy? I hear you cry!

Well I have laid dormant for the past couple of weeks, but a spark has been lit from within. I am resonating with my own creations and it makes me feel strong. The momentum needs to continue, despite this fortnight hiatus (much needed and deserved as it may be) so this art market will be my next endeavour. Let's see what wonders and opportunities it brings!




















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 105 'Back to the Future'

Episode 107 'Exhibition of the Mind'